Listed below are the Fontana Days Run 2023 5K and Half Marathon Race Outcomes and Recap. In the event you ran this race and are on the lookout for your end time – I’m linking to them under. It was somewhat onerous to search out because the race didn’t e-mail or textual content outcomes and so they don’t have a devoted race web site.
You will discover your outcomes and end line photographs right here – 68th Annual Fontana Days Run Outcomes (Click on on the race distance you ran and search from there.)
Now right here’s my lil race recap of the Fontana Half Marathon within the type of a LOVE / Don’t Love listing.
1. I awakened with the worst cramps at midnight the morning of the race, took ibuprofen, grabbed a heating pad and tried to return to sleep. Cramps woke me up once more round 3am so I made a decision to only rise up and begin preparing for the race. —> Don’t Love (cramps or working a half marathon in your interval)
2. The race affords race day packet pick-up. So, I used to be capable of get my quantity, shirt and bag simple peasy earlier than the race. —> LOVE (race day packet pick-up and effectively organized races)
3. Since I used to be on my cycle I got here ready with a tampon tucked away in my new working belt. (I exploit a cup a number of the time, however typically have points with it. So, that is the best choice rn.) —> LOVE (tiny tampons) / Don’t Love (altering a tampon in a porta potty)
4. The race is a downhill course so runners should take a bus to the beginning space. There was a consultant from the race on the bus with us and she or he gave a lil information speech initially of the experience. It’s a small race and general appeared effectively organized. —> LOVE (and downhill race) and LOVE (that they’ve somebody on every bus capable of reply questions from runners. The bus driver’s job is to drive safely and more often than not they don’t have all of the race data. All races with shuttles or buses ought to do that.)
5. The buses drop runners off close to a campsite so there are porta potties and a few tenting restrooms accessible. I met a follower in line for the restroom and we chatted about upcoming races and coaching. —> LOVE (making new working mates and speaking about working)
6. There’s not an precise bodily begin line like those you see at most races. And there’s no race announcer firstly. (I’m assuming that is as a result of logistics of a degree to level downhill course, campers and re-opening the road.) However there’s a timing mat, so you may get an official time and I believe that’s all that issues.
It was somewhat quiet with out the same old music and race announcer yelling final minute instructions and reminders firstly. So, the power appeared a lil low contemplating we had been all about to run 13.1 miles and shouldn’t been buzzing. —> Don’t love a quiet begin line and can volunteer to deliver my very own microphone subsequent yr and be the beginning line race announcer.
7. There’s no service close to the beginning line, which implies you may’t stream music. I forgot about this final yr till I attempted to start out my playlist and… nada. Fortunately, I remembered this yr and downloaded half marathon playlist to my telephone. —> LOVE ( working playlist, particularly for a half and full marathon race)
8. Two miles into the race I began to get cramps once more. I forgot to take any extra ibuprofen after my midnight get up and so they had been again in full pressure. —> Do Not Love.
9. My Aftershokz headphones all of the sudden disconnected throughout the race and I needed to get out my telephone to reconnect. This has by no means occurred earlier than?!!
I believe it has one thing to do with my new working belt, as a result of there have been just a few different bizarre issues like this lately. It’s waterproof and lined on the within with a plastic materials that’s a lil cheesy. I believe my telephone rubs the plastic and reacts prefer it’s a finger. Despite the fact that it’s on a lock display screen – you may nonetheless cease or change songs from that display screen. I’m unsure why/how it could disconnect bluetooth, however that’s the one concept I’ve rn. —> Don’t Love (having to reconnect my headphones in the course of a race)
10. General the Fontana Half Marathon has an excellent course and is effectively organized. I’ve run this race just a few instances previously. Final yr I bear in mind feeling good on race day and pushing myself tougher than I used to be capable of this time (although I’d simply run one other half marathon 5 days earlier than). That speaks to how a lot outdoors elements can influence race day!
My end time was: 1:48:49 / common tempo 8:18 minutes/mile. —> LOVE (although it wasn’t my finest race and I had a tough day – I’m grateful for the day and the expertise)
Put up Run Victory Lap
Working Gear for the Half Marathon
What I Wore to the Half Marathon:
You possibly can try all my present favourite working gear right here –> RUNNING GEAR FAVORITES ON AMAZON
Comply with me on Instagram @RunEatRepeat for extra! See you there!
Preserve Going with these: